The Kant-Slam is excellent for any self-closing gate or door requirement. It can be used on virtually any type of fencing material for residential, commercial or secured access applications. The Kant-Slam also meets self-closing swimming pool enclosure requirements!
Kant-Slam is great for any self self-closing requirements. A special feature found only in the Kant-Slam is that the closing pressure is self-contained within the unit and is transmitted through components of the closer to the mounting bracket on the frame. The result is no more pressure on the gate or door than from closing by hand.
The exclusive Kant-Slam unit is based on a toggle arrangement of four levers and a vertical hydraulic cylinder. The levers open as the gate or door opens and are closed by two strong springs. The toggle action causes leverage to increase as the spring tension decreases, giving ample closing force at the latching point.
Closing speed is controlled by the patent pending cylinder that regulates the flow of oil which in turn produces the desired closing speed.
The Kant-Slam closing unit is not affected by inclement weather and can be installed indoors and outdoors. The Kant-Slam can be mounted on many types of gates and doors. Kant-Slam mounts on the opening side of the gate or door and gently but firmly pushes it to a closed position.
- Self-closing unit complies with pool gate legislation restrictions.
- Closes large or small gates and doors up to 150lbs. - easily, gently and smoothly.
- No more slamming gates.
- Can be used for indoor or outdoor gates and doors.
- Self-contained unit to protect gate or door from strain or pressure.
- No more wear than closing by hand - a special feature found only with the Kant-Slam unit.
- Patent pending cylinder design regulates closing speed.
- Installs on side, top, middle, or bottom of right- or left-hand gate or door.
- Hydraulic action gives ample closing force at the latching point while keeping movement gentle and smooth.
- No noise - no hissing sound - no tremendous bang upon impact.
- Low maintenance costs and increased operating efficiency.
- Overall dimensions: 7 1/2" H x 13" W x 2 1/2" D.
- Construction: Powder-coated steel, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Finish: Black, low gloss powder-coat; zinc coated springs.
- Weight: 6 pounds (3 kg).
- Mounting bracket measures 3 1/4: x 1 3/4" and is attached with four screws.